Refresher oils

When I did potpourri a couple years ago, I used one oz. spray bottles and they worked real well for everyone. They weren't too big or too small and I sold quite I few of them. I also used them for refresher oil for my card stock air fresheners. :cool2:

When I did potpourri a couple years ago, I used one oz. spray bottles and they worked real well for everyone. They weren't too big or too small and I sold quite I few of them. I also used them for refresher oil for my card stock air fresheners. :cool2:

I have found, over time, 100% FO when used with fine mist sprayers quite spraying and start squrting a stream. I think the it has something to do with the oil eating away at the plastic pump.

I like the 1/2 or 1 oz amber glass bottles w/a reducer...never thought about using a spray bottle, but that's cool too!

Like stated above, amber glass is the best for FO's. It keeps the light out & because it's glass, the oil does not eat away at it.

BTW - Whatever you choose to use, make sure the lid does not have a rubber seal. FO will eat rubber. BCS has a rubber seal in their 1/2oz sniffer samples and the rubber gets eaten by the oil. I can't use them to test in wax because the rubber seal has melted into the plastic bottle.

I usually buy from Speciality Bottle - think they're in Seattle. As stated above, you do have to be careful about the kind of sprayers, closures, etc. because a straight fragrance oil will destroy some plastics & rubber. I usually use a lid (I think it's the phenolic) and add a dropper, so that the dropper doesn't come in contact with the oil until after it's sold. I know a lot of companies sell the bottle with the sprayer, but I'm leary of this because of the damage fo can do to furniture & there's limited control to the spray pattern.