Rotten $ results at show, but still a fun day

Luckily I wasn't expecting much. This is the brand new "market" that started last weekend that I wanted to get into. They didn't have room, but wanted some gift type vendors for mothers day. It was just 4 hours 10-2.

4 vendors didn't show up! The plants, the veggies, all the things you expect at a market. The only ones there were me, the jewelry gal, someone selling a weekly organic vegetable box, and the pottery shed that was hosting the show along with the coffee shop. So there was no buzz at all (except for their really cool bubble machine - I want one!)

It was dead. I can say with certainty that 50% of the people who showed up bought something :) it was that easy to count people. I did make 2 times booth fee+gas, got to watch a bunch of pottery being worked on, and traded some soap for a cool set of earrings.

Forgot my biz sign, duh. And no, the "art" behind me isn't mine, didn't even realize how tacky it looked. Oh well.

WGPhoenix20060513.JPG

This is what I sold the most of

WGGRose.JPG

Robin your set up is really classy.(except for that wayward art piece lol)

I am sure if the traffic was better you would have been hard pressed to keep your table full. Maybe after that one has been around for a while it will be better.

No, I'm not debuting the tooth soap until the June 10 fair at McKee Bridge. I did mention it a bit when someone was saying they liked mint. They kind of looked at me cross eyed :) I'll have a full info sheet by then to talk about it, and maybe slice up some slim samples for them to take home and try.

Robin, your display is awesome as usual. So elegant. Love your Rose Garden soap. I know nothing about soaps so have to ask. I'm guessing those are silk rose petals on the soap. How does that work? Just curious. Scrumptious looking soap.

... I'm guessing those are silk rose petals on the soap. How does that work? Just curious. ...

Nope, real. I dry my own roses from the garden and add them after I pour the log. You can brush them off before you use the bar so they don't stick to your bod ;)