Help please 1st CP

I am about to do my first CP and question are coming up left and right. Here I thought I was well prepared but now I am in a panic stage. OK First I want to know should I put the distilled water in refrig to get cold before I add lye?

Will this cool it down to make it ready for use sooner?

Here is what I am using I used the soapcalculator 9 oil. For a 2lb batch

coconut 76 degree 25%

lard 35%

olive 30%

Palm 10%

.05% Lemon Lime Eo blend

it come out

hardness 44

cleansing 17

conditon 51

bubbly 17

creamy lather 27

iodine 52

ins 160

Does this sound ok?

also it says water 12.16 oz

lye 4.56 oz

superfat at 5%

I reallt wanted to add caster to it and maybe RBO but every time I add more and took something away I did not get good results in the soap qualities. I guess I better stick with basic before I get fancy. lol Thanks so much for any help you may be willing to offer. I want to do this so bad but the beginner gitters:angry2: are making me say stick with M&P. Sue

They say always use cold water for my 2 batches I have made I keep a jug of distilled water in the fridge to use, hot water could cause it to boil over out if container, with my second batch I even used 3 ice cubes and cold water to helpp it cool faster

I only use tap water so no, you don't have to use "cold" water. And I now use room temp oils and lye solution too, much better for playing.

So, you don't heat your oils and there is no problem?

If you use HOT lye solution and room temp oils the lye melts the oils. I use a master batch of oils so everything is already melted together and liquid, which is my room temp oils. I then make the lye mixture, let that cool (usually) and use those together.

So, you don't heat your oils and there is no problem?

I've been doing the same, even make my lye the day before and it's working great for me. The only cautionary note is that you have to watch for false trace when soaping room temp. I've never had a problem and it seems to give me more play time.