How to describe a Salt Bar ??

maryann

for the people that make and sell these, how do you market them?? Salt bar meaning, coconut oil, table salt, and lye mixture. Mine are cured and ready to go. I made a label saying :

Green Clover’n Aloe

Salt Spa Bar

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Sodium, Sodium Silicoaluminate, Sodium Thiosulfate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Hydroxide, Body Safe Colorant, and Fragrance Oil.

I didn't explain what it is... because I don't know what it really does?? Is it a regular bar of soap, that's conditioning. I put one along with other soaps in a gift basket someone bought from me, and she wants one now after just smelling it. I want to explain what it is,but not sure how. TIA

I market mine just like you do, as a gentle exfoliating salt/spa bar. I only make them in the green clover and aloe and I can't keep these damn things in stock. If someone asks, I also explain that it's not a scratchy type of bar, more like a smooth piece of granite and the lather is more lotiony and conditioning than bubbly like they are used to with regular soap. (Mine will bubble like soap in soft water, at least here at the house anyway... Sometimes almost as much as my regular soap for some reason.)

Hi Mary Ann,

Sodium Silicoaluminate, Sodium Thiosulfate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Hydroxide,
Sticking my nose in here.

Are you using table salt in your spa bars? These ingredients look like the anti-clumping agents and iodine listed on a box of table salt.

If so, pickling salt is pure salt with no additives. Would make your ingredint list sound less chemical.

If not...oops, I'll butt out now. lol.

hth.

This one batch I did with table salt/iodine added. It was a little confusing when I was collecting info before making them. I asked a few people, plus on here you'll read with and without iodine. So I went with iodine, then went on the dish and read without so I did the next two without. They looked alot nicer. So one batch will have this label unfortunately. I did take the ingred. right from the container and I will use salt without iodine from now on. One of those times where experience helped solve a question.

I market mine as Luxury Salt Spa Bars---a smooth stone of salt and soap that gently exfoliates as it cleans. This essential-oil scented soap won't lather much due to its natural sea salt content--but it doesn't need to. One wash and you're hooked.

Excuse A newbie question about salt bars....just wondering if this soap is drying to the skin!!!!!!! as it contains lots of salt ( Iwent back and reread the post and I realized that you said the bar was condition so I answered my own question (duh)...and also where would I get the scent clover and aloe... could this will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks

Hugs Maggie

Maggie I purchased my Green Clover and Aloe from Peaks who sponsors this forum (BTW its AWESOME ~ so is their Black Raspberry Vanilla :yes:). You can use any scent though, I just had it and wanted to try it in soap and didn't at the time have any of the oils for a "regular" bar of soap. If you do a search on here for salt bars you will find info and pics, as its been a hot topic on here a few months back. HTH

Maggie I purchased my Green Clover and Aloe from Peaks who sponsors this forum (BTW its AWESOME ~ so is their Black Raspberry Vanilla :yes:). You can use any scent though, I just had it and wanted to try it in soap and didn't at the time have any of the oils for a "regular" bar of soap. If you do a search on here for salt bars you will find info and pics, as its been a hot topic on here a few months back. HTH

Thanks Maryann for the info....

Hugs Maggie