Doggie soaps?? Wasn't there a recipe round here somewhere?

michelleB

Howdy all!

I'm in the mood to do some SOAPIN right now and I'd like to do a doggie soap. I already make one kind (cp soap recipe, w/added neem oil, no FO) but thought I'd go for somethin different today and compare their lather/scent. The neem oil in this last bar of mine...I think it STINKS. I could've sworn there was a doggie soap recipe listed somewhere around here that showed either an eo blend, or different oils to make it smell better, but I can't FIND IT!! :angry2:

Anybody know of one? Willing to share a "starter" one that I could tweak? Or even just point me to where I might find a recipe/thread discussing it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. My dog needs a bath!

Oh thank you patricia!! Yep, that'll do. That'll do NICELY! Off to turn my kitchen upside down again! Woooohooooo!

Will post pics in a bit & a glowing testimonial from my lil doggie in a couple o' weeks, after the curing.

Ladysj...I know we do diff kinds of soaps, but once in a while, I DO enjoy playing with m&p so if it's not too much trouble, could you maybe explain to me what you add to your base for a doggie soap? I'd like to at least try it out and compare all the diff recipes. Maybe I could send you a bar of this CP doggie soap I'm getting ready to make...as a BRIBE! LOLOL! Then you could compare em too.

Edited to add: I see now why I couldn't find that thread earlier. I went to look for more info, using search, and ya know how it "autofills" as you type...well, I'd typed in DOUG SOAP earlier today! What a DOOF! So if anybody's looking for DOUG SOAP, don't bother searching THIS forum, cuz there's no recipes to be found! ROFL

Well that sounds like a plan to me. Here's the one I've used and I really like it. I've not gotten into CP yet but I'm getting closer to taking the jump every day. I hope to be able to have everything I need by the first of next month.

I'm not sure but this may be on here some where already but if so it's here again.

DOGGIE SOAP

4 oz Melt & Pour Glycerin Soap Base (clear or white)

1 tablespoon castor oil

1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil

1/4 teaspoon liquid glycerin

10 drops peppermint essential oil

10 drops tea tree essential oil

Melt the glycerin in the microwave, until just melted, not boiled. Add the remaining ingredients and pour into your favorite square mold.

Found some doggie bone ice trays on ebay if they still have them I'm going to make some up to sell.