Wax for Clamshells

I use my container wax for my clams. (Before anyone says anything about it, let me repeat I use my container wax **FOR MY CLAMS, NOT TARTS **) LOL :P

I have never, ever had a problem with them, and the throw beats any votive wax I've ever used. :smiley2:

I use my container wax for my clams. (Before anyone says anything about it, let me repeat I use my container wax **FOR MY CLAMS, NOT TARTS **) LOL :P

I have never, ever had a problem with them, and the throw beats any votive wax I've ever used. :smiley2:

doesn't it get hard to take out of container? I upped my ratio to 50/50 and man it was soft lol had to really press the bottom up to get it out but the throw was great :)

doesn't it get hard to take out of container? I upped my ratio to 50/50 and man it was soft lol had to reppy press the bottom up to get it out but the throw was great :)

It isn't hard. To me, it's easier. I'll never use votive or pillar wax for clams again. With my container wax, they look better, throw better, and are easier to pop out of the clam. :smiley2:

Well I have to to a 50/50 of container and votive blend and see if they are easier to get out of the clamshell. I used straight container the last time and people said it was messy to get out although the throw was excellent.

Candlewic's CBL-129 is supposed to be a hybrid container/votive wax. I haven't tried it but it struck me as maybe good stuff for making tarts.