Ivory color in 1343

Ugh!!

Can anyone recommend a liquid dye that will make my pillars IVORY and not tan/yellow-y?

I've used Peak's honey/vanilla and Lonestar's Ivory with 1 drop per 3lbs of wax and it's still tan. I want ivory!!

I've gotten ivory with dye chips, but I much prefer liquid. Has anyone used one in 1343 specifically with good results?

Ah, that's way too much. Using the honey/vanilla you want about a toothpick tip full for 3#s of 1343. It's hard! By the time you see you've got some color, you've got too much. Maybe 1/4 drop per 3 pounds, but that might be too dark as well, I don't have my notes with me.

Thanks Robin!

It's hard when you try to keep calculated formulas for making many pillars at a time. I tend to make 60 pillars or so at once, but can only do so much wax in a pour pot at one time. I was hoping to find a dye that I can easily count drops to keep consistency for my wholesale accounts.

I think I'll go make some jellybean mold ones and try to use that as dye chips. Thanks again for your input!

I've tried endlessly to get the right ivory color using liquid dyes, and have struggled everytime. Eventually I gave up and started using the chips, with which I've had success. I'm going to give it another try using the "toothpick method. Thanks Robin ;)

When I've got to fine tune drops, I make 1/4 drop chips. I pour a thin layer of wax into a stainless steel cup, then add a drop of dye. Split it into 4 parts and you've got 1/4 drop. I suppose you could cut it up into any number of pieces to make your own chips.

I use Butterscotch chips....just a speck and I get a nice yellow ivory. The ivory chips are too brown for me....really...the butterscotch is like the old ivory I used to get. A half of a chip will do 20 pounds. Donita

Thanks everyone. I don't want to use chips, it's not cost effective for me for my wholesale accounts and I can't keep enough consistency with the blocks.

I'll figure something out. Thanks for your input!