Cyclomethicone

ladysj

I was just figuring up the price of a 16 ounce bottle. Including shipping this is going to cost me about .81 per ounce. That seems awful high to me. Do those of you that use it just make smaller size bottles? It just seems kind of expensive to be able to re-sell. Any thoughts/help on this and pricing is greatly appreciated.

Where do you live, maybe we could help you find a better deal.

Where I get my Cyclo from only cost me .38 per OZ and that includes shipping. I buy cyclo in the 4 gallon case. That reduces the cost per gallon. I also order 200 LB's at a time, that way I get UPS's hundered weight shipping discount.

I buy my cyclo from BCN. It is by far the cheapest I have found, but of course, I still keep looking :) The largest size bottle of spray I make is 4oz. I use the aluminum spray bottles, and they are tall and slender, and this makes a really nice sized spray.. I have made 2oz bottles for car freshener sprays too. I sell my 4oz bottles for $7, and make a very nice tidy profit on them. A 16oz bottle seems really big.. and I would guess you'd have to set your price pretty high to get the profit on it, but I haven't run those numbers to know for sure.

It's all about the market.. and the marketing! There are places where people would laugh in my face if I tried to sell them at that price, and there are places where folks would pay 3 or 4 bucks more. You've just gotta figure out what sounds right for your area, and give it a try.

Also, how you market your spray makes a difference. For instance, a simple Air Freshener Spray, might not do as well, as a 3 in 1 dry oil spray. (3 in one because it could be used on the body, linens, and as an air freshener) Be as creative as you can!

I was just figuring up the price of a 16 ounce bottle. Including shipping this is going to cost me about .81 per ounce. That seems awful high to me. Do those of you that use it just make smaller size bottles? It just seems kind of expensive to be able to re-sell. Any thoughts/help on this and pricing is greatly appreciated.

I don't know what you are paying for shipping but that sounds high. I pay on average 20% in shipping cost sometimes more sometimes less.

So a 16oz bottle purchased from BCN is $6.45 / 16 =.40 per oz then add 20% shipping that's .08 per oz which ='s .40 + .08 = .48

Now to keep your shipping down either order more or in larger quanity. Because in larger quanity, on some products like cyclo, you get a dicsount.