Can you use UV Inhib in Soy?

Got a few candles, only a couple of weeks old in glass jars and the lovely blue colour is now turning white at the corners of jar...I can only assume it's sunlight from the days that they are on display. Can you use UV inhibitor in Soy if you don't want to add paraffin to your candles? I've no idea what it's made from so don't want to just chuck it in without first finding out what's in it.

Does it affect throw, pour temp, adhesion or surface texture at all?

On another note, I got me a big bag of luster crystal the other day as I thought they may make my matte soy pillars a bit shinier. But they didn't come with instructions. Any one know how to use luster crystal or what they're for?

Thanks

Nat

I once made soy candles without any UV inhibitor, then I started using it all the time. I did not notice any difference in burn characteristics, quality of the candles, etc., other than the fact that the UV inhibitor did help with fading colors. There was no other discernible difference.

Hi Marilyn,

It's definately not frosting as there is no crystallisation at all - it just doesn't have the characteristics of frost. For example, I have a gorgeous sky blue candle and on one side it's much paler than on the others - it's a uniform paleness all over, particularly along the edges (it's a square jar) This side of the candle has been facing the sun during display - the other sides are totally unaffected and smooth. It looks like sun bleaching to me having experienced it a lot on my carpets - I have a south facing garden and the sun blasts in the living room all afternoon - I now have a window pane shaped area on my carpet that is much lighter than the carpet all around it - and that looks just like my candle!

Nat