Muffin Mold Problem

Well not exactly a problem with the mold....but with drilling the hole to wick it - I got the cutest little muffin mold, so I made blueberry muffins. They turned out great! Got out my trusty drill to drill the holes for the wicks - every single one I drilled, cracked - and not just a small crack but in half and on a couple in quarters!! :cry2: I have drilled holes for rose votives, c-rolls with no problem. The only difference I see is the blueberry embeds and the muffin is a bit taller than the c-roll and rose.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice as to what I did wrong? I use ok 6228 wax - the blueberries are embeds I purchased.

TIA

Debbie

How about poking a hole thru the mold and using a piece of coat hanger or a wick bar before you pour. That way when the wax is cool you can pull out the bar and you'll have a wick hole. I do that with my rose votives. HTH.

If this is a silicone mold you don't want to poke a hole thru it. Instead once your wax starts to set up, place a wooden skewer or a metal shish kebob skewer into the wax until it hits the bottom of the mold (which is the top of your muffin). when the wax has totally set up you can pull out the skewer and then insert your wick. You may have to insert the skewer into the top of the muffin just a bit to open the hole up. HTH