Wax problem, maybe additives

Okay so I finally elimated the biggest problem I was having, and that is pin holes. As long as it is a warm day outside(so they don't cool too quickly), I pour them slow/average speed into a titled mold. Works like a charm, but now the tops of my votives and other various candles are getting this almost, rough look. I get my wax localy, and if I can help it I would like to keep it that way, so hopefully someone can suggest the use of an additional additive. I use slabs of paraffin with a 139 mp from GloryBee, and a pinch of vybar 103 for a pound(about 20 beads), also from GloryBee.

Additive suggestions, maybe a different cooling process, and ofcourse another wax.

votive.jpg

I'm not familiar with the wax you're using (don't see why it shouldn't be OK) or that "look" you're getting so I can't explain it. My only observation is that the amount of Vybar you're using is really tiny. You have to try to measure that stuff in some way, at least with measuring spoons. Try half a teaspoon to a teaspoon depending on how much FO you're using.

You might want to describe how you're pouring those votives just to make sure it sounds good.

Im unsure what to think either. The area of the candle that is against the mold is perfect looking, but the top gets the rough bumpy sorta look. You are probably right about the Vybar, I kept getting the 'honeycomb' effect so I got scared of it and began using very small amounts. I will pour these votives at 180 into the mold, keeping it tilted at first to be sure to let it fill without any bubbles. The wax I am using is for pillars, so I will give it another test with more Vybar, then try out using the 130mp container wax I have to see if that evens out more on the top. Thanks Top!