dipped tapers

For making tapers just dipping a wick in the wax, how to you shape the bottom when your done to fit in the holders people use? Also to get the crystal efect from steric, how do you delute it for dipping the candle. Thanks Lin.

Lin,

I bought a candle shaper from pourette.com for shaping my tapers but never needed to use it. When I finish dipping I hang them to dry completely! Then I cut the weight off of the bottom and flaten the base just as I would any other pillar just spin it around a few times in my presto pot. As for the crystal effect, don't dillute the sterine with anything just melt the sterine (a whole shit load of it) and put it in your dipping vat dip until your heart is content! That's it.

Good luck I'm sure they will be beautiful

For making tapers just dipping a wick in the wax, how to you shape the bottom when your done to fit in the holders people use? Also to get the crystal efect from steric, how do you delute it for dipping the candle. Thanks Lin.

The shapers work great. As for diluting the steric..the only time I did an over dip I used it straight just melted it in my DB and dipped.