Yesterday's show!

Well I had my first outdoor show of the year yesterday. Weather was BEAUTIFUL! I did this show last year and it rained while we were setting up but then the sun came out when the show started. So anyway, this year my location was MUCH better AND I was the only candle maker there. There was one other candlemaker there but she was selling much larger candles of a lot less quality. This was the first time I sold my melts & aroma bead sachets and they went over very well. Overall I did 6 times my booth fee which was a little lower than I was expecting with the absolutely perfect weather. I think gas prices had a little to do with that because the attendance didn't seem that much better than last year when it rained. But I am not complaining! I handed out a lot of brochures, got a lot of compliments, and got invited to another show in two weeks for a local school PTA. I have another outdoor show this coming weekend that is a HUGE show so I'll be ordering wax tomorrow! I'm gonna do inventory tonight so I'll let ya know what the best sellers were!

Thanks everyone! Ok I did inventory last night and the two best sellers by far were Warm Apple Cobbler & Buttercreme Crunch. Caramel Cinnamon Latte was a close runner up. Some of the spring scents sold well but not as good as the show I did a month ago. Go figure! I have been selling Lilac like its going out of style but didn't sell but ONE at this show! Wierd! Anyway, for tarts there wasn't really one clear best seller. Chestnuts & Brown Sugar did well. For the sachets hands down was Cozy Vanilla (Warm Vanilla Sugar) & Fruit Slices was next. I sold completely out of the vanilla. So thats the report! Doing it all over again this weekend!