Wanting to try CP soap..

Sherl

Defiantly mix it outside or under the range hood of your stove, near an open window ect. It will have fumes for the first few minutes then literally no smell at all, but those startup fumes can cause your airway to become soar and iritated if you inhale them.

I should take it outside but I don't. I mix it in the sink. The stove is right beside it so I turn the stove exaust fan on high, open a window, and pull a t-shirt up over my nose and mouth in case I forget and try to inhale some. The smell is only produced during the actual contact of the water and lye and it's gone just in a couple minutes.

Folks, be careful using your stove exhaust because some of them don't vent to the outside. Some are just a grease filter and blow the air back into the house. If you don't know what type you have I would mix it out side because the fumes are corrossive and toxic. Mix it outside and stand up wind. After the initial reaction takes place the mixture dosen't produce the fumes.