Wick advise

I am trying one of those Anchor Hocking apple shaped jars. I tried cotton 62's and HTP 105. The wax I am using is 415 with a smidge of beeswax in it. It looks almost 3 1/2" diameter. I have some ECO wicks, some CD's and some LX's to try. Any suggestions what would be perfect for that kind of a jar?

A 3 1/2" dia. jar, I would be double wicking it, and would start with double HTP73, if you have them. I have not been successful at getting anything more than 3" to single wick without having a gigantic mushroom on it.

I know this is bucking the conventional wisdom a bit, but something you might try too (if you have some Premier 700 wicks) is a single 790. I have a single 780 in a 3 1/2" keepsake with 464 and it is just a tad small. Given that you have 415 with BW it will be a little harder, so the 790 might be a good starting point. Then you would have two more sizes bigger to go if you need to wick up. HTH!

geek :cheesy2:

I personally dont like double wicking candles - I would try an HTP126

JMO

Heather

With beeswax added to this wax, not sure if a single wick, like the HTP126 will work. I would be interested in knowing though how the premier series wick will work in it. You are right Candle Man that you have to be concerned about the bottom of the jar, but I am thinking if the neck on the wick tab is a good height, that it will keep it from getting overly hot. If you don't get a wick that will get very close to the edges, you are gonna have a tunnel. That is the thing with those odd shaped jars.

I add beeswax to my pure soy, and with that diameter of a candle, for me, an htp126 would do the trick..

but thats me.. lol

Heather

Maybe I'll get one of those jars and try it out.....as I can't get any of my other 3 1/2" dia. jars to burn properly single wicked. My curiosity is piqued now.