Help with wax 9728 burn test

Four 3" pillars of different height were made with 3lbs. of R-9728 IGI Votive /Pillar Blend, 3 oz. of FO, 1/4 tsp uv inhibitor, the blue strips was made with IGI 141, 1/4 tsp translucent crystals per pound.

I am burn testing the 3" x 4.5" for 5 hours, 36ply, I try the 30 ply but it burn out, so I wicked up. there is no sweating or bulging. The problem is that I think that the diameter on the top should be wider, right now, its 1/2" all around, should I be going to the 60 ply. The candle is not soft at all. I try to hug the candle and is hard around the edges. Please help me, this is the first candle that I am testing so I have no idea if the results are okay. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pictures.[ATTACH]789[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]790[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]791[/ATTACH]

post-430-139458377581_thumb.jpg

post-430-139458377583_thumb.jpg

post-430-139458377584_thumb.jpg

You're using a veggie/paraffin blend and it's much more viscous than straight paraffin wax. If you want to try flat braid with it you'll definitely have to wick up higher than that. Alternatively try an HTP wick - it would be considered a more appropriate choice for that wax and might perform better.

Thanks for the information. I am going to try a 60 ply for now and see if that helps. I am just a bit concerned because I have some 4" pillars that I am going to test today in the morning and the 60 ply is the biggest that I have. I am going to PM you since I see you are from the area.:wink2: