Some new candles

Saphakasha

Below you will see how a smaller votive burns inside of the larger one I was talking about in an earlier thread. Its actually pretty cool.

{BA0B362C-3357-4DE6-86A8-1D1CDD6C1D80}_redburn.jpg

I placed a small, dark red candle inside of a large votive mold, put some embeds on the outside and filled it with cool white wax. I've done this technique a few times and it always burns so nice looking.

Below are a few more candles I have done over the last day or so.

{15BC28E8-3181-437F-BAF8-35CD44BF5A92}_greenbrown.jpg

{7BF38B13-3D49-4D20-AF2E-22111E49D48B}_ocean.jpg

The blue one I call Ocean... it smells delicious!

-T.

I like the design on the second one, might want to put the burning one an a plate there though hun, looking at the way that one there is burning, I would be very leary of the inbeded ones with the flowers. it looks as thought you one side wall melted.

Thank ya... :cheesy2:

The one candle burning actually is on a plate. :)

I noticed the way that it was burning to the side as well but I think it is because it was leaning on the plate... I've burnt some that were level and they burn pretty consistently downward. I think I may be done with embeds for a while though... until I can get some better molds.

-T.

Some interesting looks you got going. Ilike the way you did the rust and green one.

I woulde be very leary of imbeds in any candle that small, even with a high MP wax. You mentioned it probably spilled because it wasn't sitting level. I'm sure others homes are more well bulit than mine, but I have a lot of areas that the floor isn't level. I always burn on a plate or something, but the thought of the embeds burning is scary. :shocked2:

I like what you did w/ the 1st candle ... it's a good idea but then you have some problems w/ dripping ... er flooding.

If it were me, I would use a higher melt point wax, wick down, & use a container wax for the interior. Basically, it would be like making a hurricane shell & then filling it w/ a lower melt-point wax. You'd probably avoid overflow &, as the candle burns down, you'd have some nice interior lighting for your embeds.