Possibility of doing wedding favors/table settings

Catarina

Hello all! Just spoke with my hair stylist and she is getting married in September. She wants me to price out wedding favors for approx 250 guests (either votives, maybe tins or 4" chunky pillars - which may run into WAY too much money for favors!!), also about 110 votives for tables, 8 9" pillars and 8 6" pillars for fireplace mantles for the reception. She also wants about 35 4" chunkies for her cousins shower. Now, my question is when you price these out for this kind of situation, do you go full retail or more on a wholesale base because of the volume. We sell our candles wholesale, mostly, with a very small percentage going retail. Never done the wedding package thing, and it will be a good experience for me to get some pricing packages together for her, even if she decides to end up buying her own candles!

Thanks guys!;)

I've never sold a candle yet but.... my mom did flowers for 20 years, weddings included.

First I would seperate the wedding stuff from the shower. That way she can more easily manage her wedding budget from personal spending on the shower, unless they are connected.

I would price it as a volume order a happy medium, since it really wouldn't be wholesale, no repeat orders, and probably be priced out of competition at retail.

Even if she falls under the friend catagory make sure to write up contracts and get a down payment, with that many guests she'll understand since every other vendor will have one too.

HTH,

Sami