UPDATE on possible 8,000 bath bombs

Ok, Breathing a sigh of relief here! I have been sitting here fretting about ALL of this and no return phone call, SOOOOO I called my contact person (whom I filled the 150 bath bomb order for the country club) AND she said it IS FOR REAL...but she thought the order was for 1200, which IS do-able IF I have a decent time frame (without a press) or do-able with a press and less time... which until I get the call-back (which may not be until Wed. of next week). I believed it to be for 8,000... as when she called she said "She wanted them for her employee's of which she had 8,000". AND my contact person said she was putting the last of her bath bombs in a basket and also would be needing more :yay: ! So IF it's not an order for 8,000 But for 1200 and the opportunity to also put them on their website PLUS another order from the country club I need to decide IF I should invest in a bath bomb press???? And by the way I HAVE been making bath bombs for 2 1/2 years so I'm not new at this AND I have 2 sisters whom are willing to help with big orders. I am working on coming up with a wholesale price for her but I'm not there yet :) AND I AM substituting cornstarch for the sugar. If you were in this situation would YOU invest in a press?

Thanks for ALL advice and congrats from everyone, its so comforting to have SO many helpful and sincere people going to bat for you (ME) :wink2:

Beverly

Fantastic! I'm doing the happy dance with ya! (as I'm trying to go through all my bookmarks and find the sugar thing for Grannyscandles...lol)

I think if it were in my price range, I'd get the press. Without a doubt! I'm so glad your sisters are willing to help you!

Here's two links for you (came company) that may be cheaper than Sams for your cornstarch, baking soda, and citric.

http://www.bulkfoods.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamCat=32&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=4272

http://www.bulkfoods.com/baking.asp

Sounds like a nice order - and a bit more managable size. You'll have to do the math to see if a press is a good business decision. They usually go for somewhere around $400 I think, don't they? For example, if you clear $1 per ball wholesale, you'd have to sell 400 of them to pay for the machine. Which you could do with this order. But then you've got the machine, and you'd have to see if you'd have continuing large orders that warrant having the machine around, taking space. Or do you usually sell them onesy twosy...

Hmmm, interesting dilemma.