Does it really matter?

if buying wax from someone in your own state as opposed to buying from out of state? I just ended up paying 24.33 for a fifty pound case of wax from someone only three hours away from me. I buy wax from someone several states away and it ends up being cheaper?? Sorry, just sorta ranting here I guess. :sad2:

Doesn't really matter where you get it from if it is the same product. 24 bucks sounds steep though for the same state. All you can really do is add up the shipping and the product cost, then make your comparisons. Some vendors mix them up a bit (lower product, higher shipping) so it'll pay if you take a couple extra moments to compare total cost, since that is ultimately what matters.

Cheers,

Alan :smiley2:

You will save on shipping if you will order at least 4 cases at a time, that is if the supplier offers hundredweight shipping. On smaller orders, it seems it is cheaper for me to order from Wisconsin(I'm in Texas), than it does from some suppliers right here in Texas. In fact, I quit ordering from one that is only a couple hours from me cause the shipping is so high. Weird, huh?

Pam R

plus when your order is from the state you live in you pay sales tax on the entire order.. when out of state you dont' pay the sales tax... :rolleyes2

Yes, you are right! I'd forgotten about that, but still, it doesn't seem as though it should be that high. I'll have to check it out further, but thanks for pointing that out!

I just ordered 10 cases of wax and shipping was only $10.00 per case.

The company I got my wax from is not using UPS but a different Company to get my wax here.

I checked out a bunch of suppliers and shipping charges ranged from $10.00 to $20.00. (It also surprised me that some of the closer suppliers to me charged more for shipping, when most were being calculated thru UPS)

When I calculated the cost of the wax + the shipping,

I ended up saving my self about $70.00 buy shopping around. :cool2:

ETS: If you have a sales Tax ID # and you order thru your state, you are tax exempt. HTH