Crackle Technique Question....and.....

Okay--I need help here. I am using 1343 to make pillars, I am then dipping them like 3 or 4 times into 200 degree water and counting to 20 each time then pulling them out slowly, then plunging them into the ice water...my question is how long do I leave it in the ice water...and, if I royally screw this process up, can I remelt the same wax and try again? Thanks everyone for all the assistance you've so generously provided to me over the last couple of months :yay:

LORI.......STOP.....you are going to melt the candle. Dip it in the hot water and take it out, dip it in and take it out, dip it in and take it out....this should take about 4 seconds.....don't count to 20.....the last time I take it out I do it medium slow so it doesn't get drips.....on the last one I also don't go up to the wick so wax doesn't spill over the edge....make sense?....Then into the ice water, very icy...... leave it there for just a few minutes....you shouldn't screw it up and if you do of course you can remelt..... Donita

ROFLMAO! Donita, your post sounds like you're trying to talk me down from jumping off a high rise! I love it! Well, I did melt the candle, hence the remelt question ( I anticipated that) Other times I tried, I think I maybe dipped it in the hot water a little less then I should have then not long enough in the ice water! Well, as they say, live, learn and remelt. Thanks again Donita, you are a peach.