Candle Machines and German Engineering

I just thought it was a very cool idea. A different way to burn wax. I am often inspired by new ideas. And the "machine" is simple enough that one can experiment with it without wrecking it.

I was awake for several hours last night thinking how I could duplicate it...approximately. Since I have at least a dozen fiberglass wicks from parrafin oil lamps which I bought at my local grocery store last January for a buck apiece. Fiberglass cloth is also available at local hardware stores at very reasonable prices.

I dont ever mean to market them, just thought it was a cool idea. Many equipment manufacturers say that only THEIR replacement parts are suitable but that doesnt stop us from buying/trying after market parts or department store clones; vacuum cleaner bags etc.

Candles have evolved from devises used primarily to supply light to devices which offer esthetic beauty and aroma. Why stop there?

Just wanted to share a new idea. Thats all.

I seen these at the CGTA "Canadian Gift and Tableware" trade show. They are pretty neat and a lot of high end gift shops were carrying them. The price ranges anywhere from $85 - $200. Here is some info.

largeSERVERW95.jpg

Novel TIC Globe calls itself a series of singular Kerzenleuchter. This system patented world-wide is based on the separation from docht and wax. The non-burnable docht is ignited, the presented wax balls melts and fills the container, and the liquid wax feeds the flame. A fascinating small play, a large calm flame, no wax remainders, less soot. International honors appreciate the new fuel technology just like Design and environmental compatibility.

Burning duration per ball: 1 1/2 - 2 hours. The docht holds over 200 hours.

The liquid paraffin of a ball lets the docht burn to approx. 1 1/2 - 2 hours. This system has the large advantage that the entire paraffin burns completely and is always equivalent high the flame. Thus also the heat remains constant.

See link for more items: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.christlicheartikel.de/shop/c131.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dromantic%2Bglobe%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2004-33,GGLD:en