Container Waxes : Paraffin And Paraffin/Soy

I would like to know, after reading post after post in the archives, for those who have tried both, do the paraffin/soy container blends tend to smoke more in general than the plain paraffin container waxes? Is there something inherent in a blending of soy with paraffin that causes it to smoke more if its wicked incorrectly? (meaning, which container type, paraffin or paraffin/soy is more "forgiving").

TIA

That's a good question, & I don't have an answer.

I use 6006, which I know is a veggie/paraffin blend, but I'm not sure if that veggie is soy or otherwise. :undecided

I do know when I burn the 6006 using HTP wicks, I get a lot of smoke & soot. :(

It'll be intersting to see what others have to say. :)

I just poured some 6006 today for the first time. Been doing straight soy containers for nearly 2 years. I'll be using 6006 with LX wicks. I couldn't believe how easy it was to cut this wax - like butter as they say.

I would love to hear any opinions and test results on 6006 or any of the other IGI "V" waxes.

I stuck LX's in mine (I used three different waxes in the past few hours that I completely forgot that I wanted to test-wick these and permanently put the wicks in!). Thanks for letting me know about the cottons - I'll definitely try that as I have a ton of cotton test wicks.

Every soy/par blend I've ever used has never given me smoking issues. Parrafin waxes such as the J's and 4630, however, smoked like crazy. The blends have always given me clean burns with no smoke or soot. I do believe the throw is a little less than with paraffin, but I would rather have just slightly less throw thank a dirty, smokey, sooty candle.