When to Add FO

I have read on other web sites to add the FO at as low a temp as possible (about a minute before you pour) However, I have also read that if you do not add the FO at around 180 degrees it will not have a chance to bind to the wax. As of now, I have been going along with the first method. Thinking that if the FO is sitting in the wax as it is cooling that is just longer for it to disipate.

So, my question to all of you is ... which do you prefer?

Thanks

Aithin

Depending on the type of soy you have, based on experience, I find adding the oil at that low of a temp., will prohibit the oil from binding to the wax. Soy goes through a stage of crystallization while curing. If you add at a higher temp, you take the chance of burning off your oil and your soy may have a yellow tinge to it. 145 is a temperature that I have always found secure with my oils. Cure the jar for 24-48 hours or more then test for hot throw. If your not getting the throw your expecting, up the temp 5-10 deg. and try again.