Propay Pros v. Cons??

Hey all,

I'm hoping you can help me out here ~ I've just gotten a chance to go over some statements from my current credit card processer and turns out they've been charging me like $40/month instead of the $20 I was originally quoted.

So, I know that many of you use Propay and was wondering if you would jump in with your experiences with them and any pros and cons that I should know about. Also, how many of you use their prepaid mastercard thingie instead of transfering the funds into your bank account?

Any help would be great!

TIA,

Sara

Guest EMercier

Well, I wanted to sign up, but the only thing I don't like it that you have to send a check. I wanted to also speak to a live person who can help me. I really need it for my show next weekend, but I don't know if I'll make it. I ordered new checks and should have them to send one. I will overnight it if I have to. I still want the service because they seem to be cheaper.

I've been with them since they've started. It works for me since I'm small enough - the fees are high like many, but I like that it doesn't have any kind of monthly charge even if I don't use it (well, actually, I guess I do since there's a yearly fee, but it only comes out to $5/month). I'm getting more and more cards at shows, and those sales are 2ce the $ of the cash ones.

Guest EMercier

I actually just spoke with a person via live chat and I feel better now. If those darn checks would just come! I would love to set up everything. She explained why I need the check, but I think there could be a way around that. I know charge.com (who I called) they can do all that online. They were pestering me and wanted all these fees. Propay doesn't chard a lot and you can pay up front.

The only thing that I have an issue with is the per-transaction limit. I use the premium service and my transaction fee limit is $500. Normally that is not an issue, but it has come into play with a few wholesale accounts that are more than $500. I was not sure if you could just run the same card twice - maybe someone here can say for sure. It worked out because the purchaser wrote a check for half and then put the other half on the card.

Other than that, I love it! :yay: