recipe for cinnamon bun candles?

hello! I would love for someone to share with me how to make cinnamon bun (looking) candles - pillar type or votives. I have cut and curl wax so I am good to go there. How do I know what size wick to use? What size do I cut the wax before I roll it? Is there a trick to rolling? How do I get the icing look? Thanks for sharing!

Deanna, I don't know how this will work with your cut n curl wax but I will tell you how I make them with CBL-141.

Get a square cake pan, melt,color, scent your wax and pour it into the pan. Set out a large piece of tin foil (I use the non-stick kind).Now this is a bit tricky, but you have to let the wax set up just enough to be solid but not tooo much that you can't work it. You can test with a cake tester, you want it to not be soupy. Then cut the wax into strips .. I make my strips about 3" wide. Pick up the first strip and set it with the cut side on the foil, then start rolling it...you have to kind of mold and roll at the same time so it won't split. As I am rolling I also start pushing it gently upwards because I like mine to be tall. You do have to work quickly so you can get to the other strips before they harden...this might take some practice :). Once you get them all molded you can add your wick. Again, I don't know nuttin' about the properties of the wax you have, but I measure the width of my "buns" and use the appropriate size LX wick...I drill a hole in the middle of the buns and then insert the wick. After they are all formed and wicked, I then melt some wax with no color, just scent for the icing...put it into a pouring pot and then holding the bun by the wick drizzle the wax over the buns. If you put more of the no stick foil into a pan, you can then re-heat the over pour and use it again. HTH and is not too confusing!

but I wick as I roll. I just lay my wick against the edge of the wax when I start to roll the bun. When you're finished, the wick is in the center. I may just be lazy but this works for me--and I've never tried using a drill on a candle.