Firestarters

moniek

Thanks! :grin2: They are scents mixed up. Just leftover wax. I was wondering if I put to much wax in them. Or does it matter?!:confused:

No not really, the more wax the longer the burn.

I see you only have yours packed 1. I sell my scrap wax fire starters packed 6 for $4.00. I also add extra scent of cinnamon for the holoidays. That way the customer can put them in a basket on the harth beside the fireplace and they scent the room before they are used. But if yours are being sold this time of year for campfires then the scrap is the way to go.

BTW - I use hamster bedding (ceader shavings) and to me they burn better. Those pine cones you have in there may pop when on fire. I know they do when I'm outside burning leaves and their in there.

Firestarters are used for either starting your campfire or some people use them in woodstoves to add a nice fragrant aroma to their house while burning wood. Ingredients are scrap wax (old) the stuff you usually end up pitching, some wood shavings and both are blended together than added into a paper muffin cup and a wick popped into the middle. Place the firestarter in the middle of your campfire wood, light the wick and presto, your fire is ablaze!! :)

I dont have a fireplace myself, but I took one over to my dads house who does have a fireplace, and he tried it out. Worked good. I was over there today and couldnt see where it had been. I even burned one just by itself to see how it did. HTH:smiley2:

I have some campfire smoke from BCN (which smells just like a campfire), and thought I would put some of it in wax and use it. Would be good for now, being outside fires, not indoors! I also have pine and cedarwood.:grin2:

I have some campfire smoke from BCN (which smells just like a campfire), and thought I would put some of it in wax and use it. Would be good for now, being outside fires, not indoors! I also have pine and cedarwood.:grin2:

That would be a waste of scent.

The way you smell FO in a candle is either cold or in the melt pool.

As far as fire starters they would smell if stacked in a basket before burning. They would only smell slightly, if at all, while burning. They burn to fast and there is no contained melt pool to release the scent.

ETA - I make cinnamon scented fire straters during the holidays & winter. That way the customer can take them out of the package, place in a basket beside the fireplace, and they smell the room before they are used.

We have made and used these for about three years. My husband loves them. Although, they do not really smell much when burning in a fireplace, but they make an excellent fire starter. And they have never made a mess, either. We use wood chips, my brother-in-law has a saw mill. We also use left over wax, and melt down wax left over in jars.