Just returned from a Candle Workshop -

Talk about being pumped!

I returned today from the IGCA workshop that was held in Eureka Springs and all I can say is WOW!

It was amazing! Even though it was a fairly small group of only 15 - 20, there were people there from I believe 7 different states and every single one of them were downright awesome!

Everyone was super friendly and helpful, everyone was not only willing to share but were happy to do so

Virtually every person there (except me of course) had years upon years of experience yet they all treated me as if they had known me forever - I felt right at home from the minute I walked in

The workshop covered a large number of different things - I believe there were something like 10 or 11 different things covered, one after the other with a break for lunch - and I learned more than I ever dreamed possible!

And everyone else, even with all their experience, carried new ideas and knowledge back home with them - It was easy to tell that from all the note taking I saw being done and all the questions which were being asked

Not only was technique discussed and shared, ideas and tips on business was freely shared as some of these folks have pretty large businesses - I am nowhere near the point of selling but you can bet I made notes on those things for the future

I even made my very first pillar yesterday - it was a layered mottle - I admit I have been leary of pillars, I had been struggling enough as it was trying to deal with my containers

And good Lord at the groceries I put away while I was there!!!!! I think I gained about 10 lbs!

I learned a lot, and I made some friends - what more can anyone ask for?

All I can say is, if you ever get the chance to attend an IGCA workshop anywhere near you - go for it! You won't be sorry!

I had already planned on going to the National Convention, but there is no way I am going to miss it now - If someone as dense and as ignorant as me can get that much from a one day workshop, there is absolutely no way I am going to miss a full week of workshops!

If you need any info on the National Convention you can get it here - http://www.igca.net/

They have begun to list some of the workshops that will be held at the convention

Hope to see you there

They only had 3 Workshops listed on the IGCA site - The Pennsylvania and Branson (Eureka Springs) Workshops have already been held - There is still another one in Minnesota which will be in May - From what I have read over on the BC board this one is going to be pretty big wiith a lot of people there - It is the BC "Convention"

The National Convention, which has basically a week's worth of Workshops will be in July in Oklahoma City

• 7 years later...