Hourly Burn Rate? Help!

I weighed my candle (tared the jar) and let it burn for 4 hours.

The starting weight of the candle was 15.8 oz - after 4 hours it weighed 6.6 oz. I divided it by 4 which gives me an hourly burn rate of 2.3.

I divided the hourly burn rate by the weight of the whole candle which gave me a burn time of 6.8 hours.

Did I calculate wrong? Shouldn't an 8 oz Apothecary burn longer than 6.8 hours? Also, the wax barely moved. It still looks like an almost full jar.

I'm feeling very stupid. :P

I weighed my candle (tared the jar) and let it burn for 4 hours.

The starting weight of the candle was 15.8 oz - after 4 hours it weighed 6.6 oz. I divided it by 4 which gives me an hourly burn rate of 2.3.

I divided the hourly burn rate by the weight of the whole candle which gave me a burn time of 6.8 hours.

Did I calculate wrong? Shouldn't an 8 oz Apothecary burn longer than 6.8 hours? Also, the wax barely moved. It still looks like an almost full jar.

I'm feeling very stupid. :P

Something seems off here. If you started with a weight of 15.8 ounces and only burned it for 4 hours, you should not get an ending weight of 6.6 ounces. Your math may be correct if you are using those numbers in the calculation. I think you may have weighed it incorrectly though, since your starting weight and ending weight are drastically different.