Distilled water or spring water

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

Anyone used spring water in their soaps? Does it change the quality? I was looking at a website and it said it used spring water. Wondering how it would just change everything.

Guest EMercier

Saw that forum, but maybe before someone posted about the spring water. Just wanted to know. I live in the city and I don't like to use tap water for anything but to cook. So, I know from the get that I can't use it to make soap, but I will try spring water. I use Spring water to start my aquarium. Can't hurt for soap.

I bought a bar of soap off the dish website and she had rainwater listed in the ingredients. I thought that was interesting.

I've heard of several people who set out contianers to catch rainwater or it could be as simple as someone who lives in the country and has a cistern as their water source.

Marketing, label appeal:D

I bought a bar of soap off the dish website and she had rainwater listed in the ingredients. I thought that was interesting.

I read this somewhere, maybe Robin's tutorial!? I've read so much I can't remember where or what anymore and my notes are useless because I take so many (it would help if I was more organized with the notes :tongue2:). Anyhoo I have read use either rainwater or distilled. I was wondering though with all the pollution now a days how good rainwater is to use?? :undecided

My thoughts were exactly the same when I saw rainwater on the ingredients list .. but I wanted to try her soaps for comparison. When I go to the huge fall fest I come home with maybe 8 or 10 bars from other soapmakers .. it's always interesting to look at their labeling & ingredient list. I find myself buying fewer bars every year as I think I have my soap recipes pretty well set & they are working well for me.

I read this somewhere, maybe Robin's tutorial!? I've read so much I can't remember where or what anymore and my notes are useless because I take so many (it would help if I was more organized wit the notes :tongue2:). Anyhoo I have read use either rainwater or distilled. I was wondering though with all the pollution now a days how good rainwater is to use?? :undecided

fewer minerals and/or heavy metals

You can have the finest product in the world, but proper marketing makes a huge difference in the bottom line