Which paraffin waxes for tarts?

I have been using NatureWax pillar soy wax to make tarts and have had good results, but would like to try paraffin wax just for comparison's sake. I have not ever tried a paraffin wax, so would like some suggestions on a few waxes to start with. I was thinking of getting two or three and testing them by themselves and blended together. I do not make container candles, votives, or pillars, only tarts! Any helpful hints would be appreciated!

I use 4794 for tarts and votives and it's great. I think that 4761 makes some really awesome tarts, but I don't like it for votives, so I don't use it. It comes in a bag too, so that's nice. 6228 is another wax you can use, but I found that it had a lot of shrinkage and the tarts didn't look as nice.

Thank you for your suggestions! I think I will try 4794 and 4761! Sounds like I can't go wrong with either of these. :cheesy2:

I would definitely give them both a try. You can get sample slabs of both of these from Candles and Supplies. :)

I use 4794 for tarts and votives and it's great. I think that 4761 makes some really awesome tarts, but I don't like it for votives, so I don't use it. It comes in a bag too, so that's nice. 6228 is another wax you can use, but I found that it had a lot of shrinkage and the tarts didn't look as nice.

which one comes in the bag? It's the little things that make life so much easier!

4761, I actually wanted to what other's thought about it since I still have about 7 or 8 pounds of the stuff left over from experimenting with making embeds. Based on the pouring temp I thought it might actually be better for making hurricanes.