wick pulled out of wick tab

Just wondering what other people do when this happens. I was just pouring some testers and in 2 different FO 1 wick pulled out the tab when pulling it taught. I reallinged it as best as possible using my fingers and a skewer. It now rests just inside the v of the crink in the tab pretty much flush with the bottom of the jar. I made a note of it so I remember when burning it.

If I wasnt testing I would have back up pre-wicked jars on hand but since I didnt thought this would be the best solution instead of re-wicking another jar. Just thought Id see what others do:)

I don't use the tabbed wicks on testers. I let them set up then poke hole down the middle & insert piece of wick. That makes it easier to pull the wick out & replace it if it doesn't perform well.

That's good to stat testing wicks but when you think you found the right wick you need to use a tabbed wick and burn all the way down and see if there might be any problems closer to the bottom of the jar. Sometimes things happen lower in the jar.

For me its on the contrary. With all of my jars I have to burn to the bottom-kill it dead to make a decision on a wick (when I'm close). It seems all my candles pick up the nasty hang up in the last few burns. If I didnt burn them completely I'd have flame throwers for wicks. I've been soooo mad at wicks before as far as hang up and in the end-perfectly clean jar :)