DPG and Incense Solvent ?

sharyl55

Thought I would try a reed diffuser. Didn't know anything about DPG but saw where a supplier I was placing an order with had incense solvent. Got a small bottle to play with. Mixed with balckberry sage 50/50 and stuck in some reeds. After 24 hrs, the scent doesn't seem to be wicking up the reeds. By the way, I used my Michaels coupon to get a bunch of 5' long reeds that I cut up into 14" pieces.

My question is what is DPG? I just want to make up a few to test and practice decorating bottles. Read on the BCN web site that you should use perfume alchol for the reed diffuser but don't have a clue where to get a small amount of that either. Don't do any B&B so these chemicals are all so confusing to me.

I have heard from friends (don't actually do these myself) that the DPG doesn't work as well as the perfumer's alcohol. Also, not all scents work. And last but not least, make sure you are getting the correct type of reeds .....not sure what Micheals has, but there are tons of places to buy them online at a really good price. HTH some.

Shes right. Not all scents work. I've tested 4 and 2 have worked, 2 have not. I used the FO straight, no cutting. I've heard some say that DPG doesnt work and I've heard some say that the perfumers alcohol doesnt work.

My best advice to you is test, test, test.

Using scents straight and uncut on incense will cause them to smoke...this(DPG) is to cut oils for lite rings,incense and There are some company's that cut there scents to get more of a profit margin...But, you can tell these company's apart from company's like Peaks because you can tell by the cold throw...after they set..

Punch in incense wholesale and some of these companys will give recipes for dipping cones and how to use DPG...hope this helps.

Thanks Scented. I was looking for DPG on the BCN site when I found the incense solvent. Thought it might be the same thing so bought the small bottle. Use blackberry sage on my 1st tester since it is the strongest scent I have. Think I'll try again using Jasmine.