Ginger Lime (Gold Canyon)

Ok, I really like this GC candle. I am currently burning a tart from the swap that is Mojito Cocktail from JS. I think it smells VERY similar. None of the Ginger lime scents I have tried smell this close.

The Ginger Lime from Gold Canyon has always been one of my favorites. I have test burned JS's Mojito Cocktail and to me it is nothing like it. Isn't it weird how a scent can smell differently to different people? Thanks for the suggestion just the same. I really wish I could find the exact Ginger Lime. I have tested a few Ginger Limes and have some more to test in my cupboard but none of them smell the same as GC's. :undecided I currently use BNL's (BCN) Ginger Lime. I like it but not as much as GC's

Now see, I agree on the Mojito. My customer handed me the almost used up candled and when I smelled it, I said "That smells just like my Mojito." She was insistant that it did not (she had used the Mojito before).

The only info I found was what was on your other post, Holly. At least I think it was your post. ;)

That might of been mine. Yup, I'm looking too. I absolutely love that GC fragrance. Ordered the BNL's, and I'll have to try JS's mojito. It might work for my nose if it works for some..

In an earlier post, Soya recommended Save on Scents concentrated version. Said it was strong, her strongest FO in soy. But I don't know if it's similar to GC's.

I'll post if I find anything. Please do the same! I'd love to find this one.

I just ordered it from BCN. I had no idea they were even carrying it (it is a BNL oil) and found it when i was ordering some other BNL oils. I am anxious to see how it does, and I will post the results. I did see the save on scents reco, but dang, I need another supplier like I need 10 more pounds on my butt. :P

GC describes their Ginger Lime with:

Top Note: Sweet lemon, lime and tangerine

Middle Note: Geranium, lemongrass

Bottom Note: Cedar Musk

Hi Elyse,

Thanks for the GC quote. I have forgotten what I read was in it when I looked at it a while ago. It sure has some unique scent combinations to make up Ginger Lime. It may be a blend of their own. But who knows, maybe they get this blend somewhere. :) I have always loved their mulled cider and I found that one a long time ago at Alabaster -- same one. Another one I have always liked was Cozy Cabin and I found that one at Creative Candle Supply which is called Comfy Cabin. They do have some wonderful smelling scents. I have always loved Gold Canyon.

You might want to get a sample of Suz's "Fresh Ginger Lime" from OT. Her stuff rocks and it just might be what your looking for. I haven't smelled Gold Canyon's but I have people that go nuts for this scent.

Yes, GC is wonderful. A good friend of mine sells their candles, and they're everywhere around here. Their Mulled Cider is another one of my favorites, and I have yet to find one I like as much (or at all), so thanks for the Alabaster tip! :highfive:

I'm guessing that they would have alot of their FOs custom blended for them... but who knows. I do know she started in her kitchen, just like me!

It's nice to see you Holly!

Yes, GC is wonderful. A good friend of mine sells their candles, and they're everywhere around here. Their Mulled Cider is another one of my favorites, and I have yet to find one I like as much (or at all), so thanks for the Alabaster tip! :highfive:

I'm guessing that they would have alot of their FOs custom blended for them... but who knows. I do know she started in her kitchen, just like me!

It's nice to see you Holly!

Nice to see you too Elyse. :)

I wanted to sell for them as a distributor (not a demonstrator) and could not because a girl is a distributor to close by. So, I went on another hunt for another candle company and just could not find the right one and that is how I started to make candles. They changed their program and no longer have "distributors" so I could get in now I guess, but too late now. I am too deep into my own candles that I don't want to go back now. To much time and effort....and MONEY...to get interested again in selling someone elses candles.

They are great and seem to be pretty well known around here too. I first found out about them when I lived in CA. Everytime I go to a craft show (actually only two times so far) they are there as my "competitor". I can't enjoy them quite as much now, but I still think highly of them. They keep me motivated and make me work hard. :rolleyes2

I bet they do have several scents now that are blended especially for them. But they do have some that I think they buy just like we do. To me the Mulled Cider from Alabaster seems to be right on and so is the Comfy Cabin from CCS.

I just had a friend the other day email me saying that she found this wonderful scent.....Ginger Lime from Gold Canyon. I emailed back and said that it has always been one of my favorites and I have been looking for it for a while. She wanted to know if I had a Ginger Lime and if it was the same. I told her I had one and it is nice but not the same. :rolleyes2 I keep telling myself that I have different things to offer and different scents that GC do not have, etc. etc. :P

I shall continue my search for that Ginger Lime or maybe attempt to blend it. ;)

You might want to get a sample of Suz's "Fresh Ginger Lime" from OT. Her stuff rocks and it just might be what your looking for. I haven't smelled Gold Canyon's but I have people that go nuts for this scent.

Hi Sherie,

Thanks for the tip. I am not sure who Suz's or OT is either. At least I don't think I know. For some reason I cannot recall what the abbrev. stands for. I will have to see if it is on the abbrev. list. I would like to try it. :)

Yeah, GC rocks, and so does Circle E. My two favorite candle brands before I started making some of my own that I could actually smell:) . It's reassuring, though, to see that their wicks (zinc) mushroom just like ours, and they do soot, and have meltpool discoloration. It's funny that I used to put up with those things (never even pay much attention to them), but now they are totally unacceptable to me. I think to most "lay" people, the scent throw is everything and the clean-ness of the burn and wick "behavior" are way down the list. That doesn't stop me from striving to make the "perfect" candle, though.;) I love a bunch of their scents.

Today, I went through some recent fragrances that I ordered from Heartfelt to pick which ones I want to pour for testers today,and I smelled the Coconut Twist. Believe it or not, it smells really close to Gold Canyon's Ginger Lime. I will have to run upstairs and take another sniff of my small GC Ginger Lime candle and compare. I will pour the Coconut Twist today and let you guys know how it compares in cold throw. I could be wrong but something about it smells really close. :)