Not impressed!

I ordered my wax a long time ago from Millcreek. No problem with that. Only curiosity is they don't use soy pillar blends. Second I decided to order more wicks from them well. I ordered last week. They just put the order through two days ago. Then UPS took another two day to deliver. I hope they are not that slackish with standard orders. They supply businesses and they take longer than four days just to dispatch it. I had phenominal business from the jar store and that was an order over 200lbs.

I also ordered some sample scents. I wasn't that impressed with the some of the scents compared to Natures Garden. I have a deviated septum which kind prevents me from smelling faint smells. (The irony and here I make candles,lol) So I demand strong scents. I do know BCN,BCS, Candlesciene and MC all receive their FO's from the same supplier. Because I live right near the manufacturer. But they only sell in large quantities. It is just so frustrating to keep jumping around from place to place to find that perfect throw and financially consuming.

I ordered my wax a long time ago from Millcreek. No problem with that. Only curiosity is they don't use soy pillar blends. Second I decided to order more wicks from them well. I ordered last week. They just put the order through two days ago. Then UPS took another two day to deliver. I hope they are not that slackish with standard orders. They supply businesses and they take longer than four days just to dispatch it. I had phenominal business from the jar store and that was an order over 200lbs.

I am thrilled when I place my order and I get it in a weeks time. I think they are a growing business with the addition of their bath and body lines, and maybe are just having some growing pains.

I also ordered some sample scents. I wasn't that impressed with the some of the scents compared to Natures Garden. I have a deviated septum which kind prevents me from smelling faint smells. (The irony and here I make candles,lol) So I demand strong scents. I do know BCN,BCS, Candlesciene and MC all receive their FO's from the same supplier. Because I live right near the manufacturer. But they only sell in large quantities. It is just so frustrating to keep jumping around from place to place to find that perfect throw and financially consuming.

Many people order and love the FO's from MC, so I think it really is a matter of personal opinion. I personally don't use them, but have tested many of them and they did fine for me. I know that MC tests all of their FO's in soy wax. There are many companies out there that sell very strong FO's, but alas you are usually going to pay extra for them most of the time. About the frustration, well, welcome to the wondeful world of candlemaking. We have all been there, done that. :D

Just a few weeks ago, I placed an order with MillCreek late one Saturday evening - it was delivered on Tuesday morning. I have had not nothing but great service with them. There was a notice on the web site that they were closed March 29- 31 so maybe that was the reason your order was late in arriving to you.

My experiences with MC have been very good. Shipping has always been quick since they are only a 2 1/2 hour drive from me, and once the package goes into the UPS system, it only takes one day for shipping. I have ordered on a Saturday and received order on Tuesday. If they process your order and ship the day they receive it, then the only wait is the UPS shipping time. If you order late in the day and they process next day, then it is only an additional day.

geek ;)

Guest Japes

From what little I've read (and I'm certainly no expert), and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, the fact that they buy from the same manufacturer, doesn't really indicate that they are of the same quality. Aren't they able to indicate to the manufacturer their desire price points? And, the fact that they sell them for similar price points retail also doesn't indicate much cause, one may have paid $7/lb and another may have paid $10.

Again, feel free to please correct me if I'm wrong.

What manufacturer, by the way, is it that they buy from?

Guest Japes

Right, I know, but, I'm not talking about price breaks. I'm talking about the quality and concentration of the oil. You can buy oil A from the manufacturer that costs $5/pound and the EXACT SAME oil that costs $10/pound the only difference being how cut/concentrated it is.

I've read this from people who know MUCH more than I do, and people who actually buy their oils from these people.

Yes you can buy different grades of oils but most supplier will tell you if is a c grade. But I am saying the big boy can offer the FO cheaper just for the shear amount they buy compare to a smaller supplier.

Look at it this way if a small supplier can only afford to buy the bare minimum which is usually 10 to 25lb they are going to be paying the most but say a company like BCN I doubt they buy is less than 100lb quantities.

Here is another thing to think about some supplier are willing to take a loss or just cover cost on some FO in order to offer set same price across the board like BCN. But at the same time they are making a huge profit on other FOs that don't cost as much. I have see some manufacturers list example they can get a vanilla for $5 a lb but have to pay $10 for strawberry but they charge the same for both FO they make up the profit on the lower cost FO.

I do the same thing in my own business I have a standard candle price but not all candles cost the same to manufacture. FO is one of the fluctuating cost of a candle but I don't raise and lower my prices of each candle because of that.

Yep Millcreek was closed for 3 days last week, so that's probably why your order was delayed. It was listed on their home page!! Also, although it's true many suppliers may buy their FO's from one certain manufacturer, they more than likely aren't the same formulas or blends. They may be close to each other, but not identical in their makeup, which would make a difference in pricing!! :D