The secret to coloring bathbombs

lindsaycb

I use the powdered dyes for M&P from Mid Con Agrimarketing in Olathe, Kansas. I whisk a pinch (a little goes a long way -- they're highly concentrated) into my water/oil mixture before drizzling into the dry mixture. Works like a charm, and they have red, yellow, blue and green. I mix colors sometimes, such as red and green, to get a tan/light brown color, for example. Or red and yellow to yield orange. HTH! Can't remember the link for their site, but I posted it a few days ago for someone else on this board, so if you do a search, hopefully it will turn up! :)

i was having a problem with getting good bright colors with mine. so last night i tried a different method, i colored and scented my salts then added it to the rest of the recipe. worked like a charm for me. for this particular batch i used regular food coloring. the previous batch i used powedered colors and it gave me the result i wanted after working at it for a while. i think if i had colored the salts first it would have been better for the previous batch HTH