Pillar Candle Decorating Ideas

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so be gentle!

I'm getting bored with sending out just plain pillar candles so was thinking of ways to decorate it for more impact, but the decoration needs to be removable by the buyer before they burn it.

I guess this is more a packaging issue, i've tried a few ribbons etc, but they just end up looking tacky. I have a very contemporary feel to my website and products so glitzy shiny beads and curling ribbons just don't fit.

Any ideas on smart and classy packaging would be appreciated - but not "grubby", even in the UK we're flooded with this style of candle so I'm trying to avoid it!

Thanks

Natasha

Natasha,

I don't make pillars, but I'll see if I can help. You've said you tried ribbons, were you tying them in bows or keeping them flat? I'm picturing a wide grosgrain (ridged) black ribbon just wrapped around the candle and maybe taped somehow on the back. Also, maybe some scrapbook weight paper in a color to go with your theme, cut in a strip, wrapped around candle once with a piece of clear tape. I don't know if you have to worry about wax or oil affecting the paper, as I don't work with pillars.:undecided

Maybe if we could see a picture of your pillars or your website, it could provoke more ideas!