My first attempts...

at candle making did not turn out too bad..;) I started out with a half pound of J223 and Soy125 with peach blossom dye block and j&j bathtime scent...got all excited and almost forgot to put the scent in...:laugh2: had 2 small round containers and 2 hex ones...held up the wick with a clothespin...those wick stickems really hold :D I dont think I got the glass warm enough cause when I went back in an hour or so..it looked like...well I guess the only way to describe it would be streaked on the inside...not bad, but not good...ok that was Friday...my hubby and Iwent to Michaels Saturday and I picked up a votive kit...I figured if nothing else I would get an extra pour pot and thermometor...the kit comes from Candlewic! So I made 6 votives...:o my hubby is very supportive of what I am doing...every time we go by anything glass he says 'Honey this would look good as a candle'...I have purchased a number of FO's from a CT'er who is local to me and my hubby likes this particular scent when I asked him to smell it...so today I made Lunchberg Lemonade:thumbsup:

Trial and error is the only way to get a candle you can be proud of. It can drive you nuts, but the feeling you get once you have "your" candle and are proud of it is priceless. To me its kinda like watching the kids at christmas. I get all excited and have to show it to everyone...lol. Keep plugging away at it. They don't call them handmade, because it was an easy process. I think they should be labeled, blood, sweat, tears, and burns...lol