Legal Eagles...Southern Justice

Okay...I've chosen a name. "Ladybug Lane" however, there is a website Ladybugcrafts.com and she's based in Canada. From my understanding, the name isn't copyrighted or trademarked in the US or in TN. Can or should I use it as a logo?? I do not want to disrespect or over step my or any bounds. Also, I do not plan to have a website, or sell my candles in bulk. Just want to give them to friends and family.

Good or bad opinions and critism is welcome. :undecided

Even if you never want a website, buy it anyhow. It's only like 9 bucks a year, and if you ever ever ever change your mind, it'll be there waiting for you.

Nope - Nevmind.. Can't buy it, it's taken. http://www.ladybuglane.com/

I think I'm back to the drawing board on this, yet again. I'm having so much fun figuring out my blend and trying to find a name that I go to bed in tears. :laugh2: Not sure from joy or frustration though

I think I'm back to the drawing board on this' date=' yet again. I'm having so much fun figuring out my blend and trying to find a name that I go to bed in tears. :laugh2: Not sure from joy or frustration though[/quote']

Your thinking about it too hard. Your business name will just come to you, trust me! :D

LOL! It is true...

When I was ready to sell soap I thought and thought and thought about it. I could not think of anything else....I picked name after name after name and they were all taken. I decided to take a break from it because I wanted something unique and something that was me... not something that everyone else thought of... one day in the early fall I decided to get my boots out of the closet and go for a hike... I was up on a hill looking at my surroundings it just came to me. The mountains, snowy peaks, and sunshine....... I have been Mountain Madness Soap Co. since! :D

Some suggestions to get you thinking are:

1) Something unique about where you live

2) Your children, a relative, your parents, etc.

3) Something that you love (an animal, a place, a theme, a color, a season, flower, smell, etc.)

4) A fond childhood memory

5) Your best friend or soul mate

Okay.. I guess you can catch my drift! :tongue2:

I totally understand about how hard it is. (and Ladybug Lane is what my Mom wanted me to call mine when I started! lol)

We're fixin to move to Texas, and there's already a Blossom's Creations there. So I've got to change mine. I'm at a total loss, but when the time is right - it'll come!

I totally understand about how hard it is. (and Ladybug Lane is what my Mom wanted me to call mine when I started! lol)

We're fixin to move to Texas, and there's already a Blossom's Creations there. So I've got to change mine. I'm at a total loss, but when the time is right - it'll come!

EWwww...Now there's something I hadn't thought of.:undecided Hhmm...learn something new every day.

Okay, girlie!...what happened to "Daisy d'Light" that we ALLLLL voted on? LOL! :laugh2:

You can still use Ladybug Lane if it's not TM here in the US. Since the domain name is taken, try something like Ladybuglanecandles.com, etc. This is what I did since part of my biz name is taken by a B&B. Also, the ladybug lane in that website doesn't sell candles, so you should be fine as far as not infringing on their name. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to find something that no one else is using - something totally unique. I know it's really hard to think of something, so good luck. I stink at coming up with business names, so i'm not much help in that department.

Nope - Nevmind.. Can't buy it, it's taken. http://www.ladybuglane.com/

Mentioned that in the post where our opinions were asked for last time. I really still like the Daisy D'Light you had and the domain name was open on that one too. It will come to you....when you least expect it....it will just pop into your head. :D

LMAO! It's also taken! I guess great minds think alike.:grin2:

Oops! Oh well...I guess those names aren't meant to be. Which means, there's something out there better for you. It'll come to you, keep on keeping on!:D

Oops! Oh well...I guess those names aren't meant to be. Which means, there's something out there better for you. It'll come to you, keep on keeping on!:D

I tell ya...if it wasn't for you guys/gals, I wouldn't have any hair! I think I'll put it on the back burner for now. It just falls under, " If you have to force, it doesn't fit!"

I chose my business name after doing a record search. You can do that online, phone or mail. If the name isn't tm'd or sm'd try godaddy.com for a free search on available site names. You'll get site name options or you can choose to be put on a waiting list. hth

pssst... I like Daisy D'Lite too. I can picture the logo :)

I fell in love with Daisy d'Light' date=' but found out that a girl locally is using that for her name. She doesn't have a website or copyright, but out of respect, I'll let her keep it. :D[/quote']

That's very nice of you. You don't want a bad reputation for stealing her name either. It's not worth it. I know you'll come up with something better anyway!