Website templates & MS FrontPage

mommyof1

Has anyone purchased a FP template and designed their website this way before? I have been looking at them for awhile now but am wondering just how easy (or not, lol) they are to use. Also, can a shopping cart be added to them or would a person need to purchase a template that is already designed for a shopping cart? I am seeing them both ways. Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks!!

If you have a PayPal account, you can add a PayPal shopping cart. Go to your account and hunt down the directions for making your "add to cart" buttons, etc. Then copy and paste the HTML code they give you onto your site where you want the buttons to appear. You can just copy and paste the same button, making changes to each HTML code for the individual products and prices.

Hope that makes sense. Good luck on your website venture! :)

Thanks AJ :) Yes that makes sense. I actually designed a website from scratch and added the Mal's shopping cart with no problems (haven't tried paypal's though). I just am not satisfied with it and want a more "professional" look, hence, the reason for looking at pre-designed templates. I was just curious as to if a cart could be added to one of these templates or if the designers code it in such a way that only certain content type can be added. I don't know how much customizing one can do with a template. I hope that makes more sense to you than it does to me trying to say it, lol. Sorry - it's late!

Well I built my first site with freewebs' templates, and their editor let me go into html mode and paste in the codes I wanted. I even customized my PayPal shopping cart to have drop-down menus for my scent choices. I still have my old site live if you want to see what you can do with a template and PayPal's shopping cart. www.freewebs.com/ajscountrycottage is the addy. I need to take it down one of these days now that I have my new, improved site up. :-)

HTH!

I bought a webset and it had all of the files included in the webset. If I remember correctly, I inserted the page into Frontpage. In Frontpage, I could delete or add anything I wanted. That part was okay...nothing too too hard. But I did have a head start because I took a Frontpage course and I had a little background on it already. It really helped when I wanted to set up a form on my site. I added the shopping cart - I use mals. It was a bit difficult for me at first and had to look at other people's websites to figure it out. If you've already designed a website from scratch and used mals, I don't think you should have any problems.