silly questions, simple answers

Hi guys,

This is my first post in the veggie section, as I am about to try my hand at ecosoya cb-135 for the first time tonight! I've been playing with paraffin for a few months now, so I know the most basic basics. I've got my wax, my fo's and dyes all picked out, but I need some advice from the pros here:

I "heard" (read) that you can heat soy wax in the microwave. I am going to do my big pour pot in the double boiler as I do w/ my paraffin, then going to use 2 pyrex measuring cups for smaller batches of different fo/dye, as well as the pour pot. My question is this: After I heat on the stovetop, and pour into the pyrex, if I have leftover to do more than one container, can I re-heat the remaining wax (w/ dye and fo) in the micro?

Second question is a wicking question... I am going to pour into little square jars from walmart (2 oz jar has a 2 1/2 in. widest diameter, 4 oz has a 4 in. widest diameter). I read here that CD wicks tend to do well with this wax, so that will be my starting point. I was thinking of starting with a CD- 8 in one, a CD-10 in the second and a CD-12 in the third and going from there. Am I on the right track? Just a yes or no, wick up/down will do! I actually enjoy watching how the candles burn and figuring out where to go from there... Just don't want to burn my house down in the process!! LOL!

Thank you all, as always, for any insight! I'll be sure to post pics of the newest creations:)

well...I can't help you w/your wicks, 'cause I do not use the CD's.

BUT....I am a nuker!! I melt all my wax in the microwave. Just make sure that you don't use high power, and if you are remelting a batch w/FO and color, you only need to reheat it to your pour temp.

HTH

Your 2.5" would probably do well with a CD 10 or 12, maybe a 14, but I doubt it. I just wicked a bunch of 2.5" tins with 10s, so the glass container may take a 12.

The 4" container needs a much larger wick, I would try the 20 and 22 in that, or double wick with a couple of 7s or 8s.