Pay someone or do it myself?

Ok, I am not good at making big decisions by myself, which is problematic when you own your own company and are the only employee. I am trying to decided whether to make my own website (possibly through diy) or to pay someone to do it for me. I like the idea of just having someone do it and not having to worry about it, but I don't like the idea of not having control over it and having to go back to someone every time I want to add a new scent or a new product. I also contemplated going through diy because I know that they also offer a service where they will design the site for you for an extra $100 plus $2 per item, but I think you need to have all of your web toppers, and other technical stuff that I don't know anything about. Any thoughts? Just looking for different opinions to think about as I lay in bed, drive, watch tv, make candles, shower...in other words, constantly! LOL.

I've heard great things about Bizzybee (sp?) and was thinking of going to her for all of my technical stuff that I need and then shooting it over to diy, but I don't know if that would work. So confused on a Monday!

Thanks for reading my ramblings if you made it this far.

There are a lot of factors... I was in the same boat and hired someone to do it for me (they just started last week).

I have quite a bit of computer knowledge but wanted it to look professional and not done by myself. Nor was I willing to spend a lot of time on it (I would rather be making soap! :grin2: )

I would think about the pros and cons of both and then make up your mind.

i.e. money, time, knowledge, etc.

HTH.

I will tell you this...DIY is so easy to use (ask some of the others who went with them). You can have them set up the site for you and then you maintain it afterward, if you feel you wouldn't be able to set it up. Really, if you follow the directions they give you in your admin...it all falls into place so easily.

There really isn't any technical stuff that you will need...you just need to purchase a graphics set separately. And I can most certainly help you out with that! :wink2: PM me, if you have any questions...I would be more than happy to help.

I pondered this issue for quite some time, too. I am having someone design my website for me. I am hoping it will look a little "different" than the ones others have created using DIY. I can always spot a DIY website because they use the same layout. Don't get me wrong, I think the websites created using DIY look great ... but they remind me of the "cookie-cutter" houses that are going up in town. You can always tell who the developer was.