Bohunks in a malibu?

lindsaycb

My last order of malibus have big orfices so I am able to use the Bohunk's with them if I don't add too much sugar. So far they are working great....lots better in the shower than with the low profile jar.

yep, if you don't add too much sugar I'm sure you could get it to work in a malibu, we were talking about this last week I believe, and I was saying how creamy mine is, and I was either going to add more sugar to get it more "pastey" or I'd want to put it in a malibu or squeeze tube b/c it would be easier I think. ;)

OK everyone go ahead and laugh but what is Bohunks? I have seen it mentioned a few times but I have obviously missed the recipe. Ok I kind of get that it is maybe a sugar scrub but could someone PLEASE feed my curiousity......yea I know curiousity killed the cat..LOL LOL but......I am at a loss

thanks

cat :embarasse :D

Yes, Bohunk's is a recipe for a scrub. :)

Man, my version of Bohunk's is too thick for a malibu. I hate to tweak it to be thinner, because I like it scoopable. BUT I prefer using malibus for the dispenser since it minimizes water in contact with product.

I think this is the recipe they are talking about.

Bohunk(beth) Body Mousse

12 % oils

74% distilled water

5% glycerin

5% emulisifying wax (e-wax)

3% stearic acid

1% phenonip

Dump all the above ingredients, except phenonip, coloring and scent, into a microwave proof bowl and zap until all the hard stuff has melted. Now pour it all into the bowl of a counter-top mixer and using the whisk attachment, on about a med/med-low, blend until the mixture has throughly cooled. At this point you can add the phenonip, coloring and scent. Now push the speed up to med-high/high and continue to whisk until the volume has at least doubled or tripled. At this point, it should look like "marshmallow fluff". It will be thin. Pour the mousse into your containers (I like using wide-mouth cosmetic jars), cap and let set. After 24 hours, the lotion will have set to a mousse like texture

Hey Granny, that's Beth's Mousse recipe not the sugar scrub. I'd check with her also before posting the recipes. I'm not trying to step on any toes here, but I do believe that both the Dish and Whisk have a rule about posting recipes on other sites.