To web page or not??

MRSGROOMS

I have been considering setting up a web site for my products, but am just not sure if I could sell enough to support it. I have thought about both an information only and a site with shopping cart.

Any opinions, suggestions or just general comments would be appreciated.

I totally thought the same thing.......considering I just was making soap for family and friends for birthdays, Christmas and whatnot, but then I had others asking me what other scents I had, etc. and was frustrated with an email of scent choices.....I felt like it was so unorganized.

I was told about http://wahmshoppes.com/ from another member of Candletech and decided to try it because it was only $7.00 a month and $10 a year for a domain name. You can't go wrong!

I thought I would for sure sell $7.00 a month in product to make up for it!

I must say, it was a little difficult to do the website only because I wanted exactly a certain way.....but the website offers free templates etc.

It has a 'shopping cart' etc. Everything you really would need.

You might want to look into it.

Hope it goes well.....Let us know.......:highfive:

It is not difficult to sell enough for it to pay for itself. For example, selling $7 a month as in the previous example. What you would need to ask yourself is, do you have the time to update it regularly? While it is a good way to display your catalog (whether it be info only or w/ shopping cart), it isn't very useful if the information on your site is old.

There is a lot of upkeep involved even after the time it takes to get it up and running. It's been worth it for me, however. My website business did take a while to get up and going, but now it more than pays for itself in the costs related to it. I started off with a freewebs site before going with a paid host; that helped me decide about going ahead with the project.

Good luck whatever you decide! :)

I had a free site thru www.freewebs.com. It was ok for what it was... free..... and I used a shopping cart thru paypal... recently I upgraded to a store thru DIYeStores. It is a little bit of an upfront cost, but it is well worth it... only been open for a month now, but I seem to be generating some decent traffic. Hope this helps :D