I'm currently using Ecosoya Advanced but very frustrated with the curing time. After over 2 weeks I barely have a hot scent throw with many FO's. I'm currently testing other waxes hoping to find something that works better for me. I'm looking for a one pour candle that gives a good cold and hot throw in a short curing time.

Looking forward to reading the posts and learning from your successes and mistakes.

Sab

Welcome to the board! Depending where you are located, you can find a supplier who carries Golden Brand wax. I use the 415 with BW and get very good hot and cold throw, as long as you give it at least a couple of days cure time.

Give us a specific example of an Ecosoya Advanced candle that is not throwing for you. Let us know the FO load, jar size, wick used, MP depth, etc. Any info you supply helps us troubleshoot your uncooperative candle!

geek :)

Here is an example:

8 oz apothecary jar (I've used Eco 12 and 14 wicks in this particular jar) with 1oz pp Gingerbread FO from Wholesalesuppliesplus.com. I heat the wax to 185, add FO at 170 and let cool to about 105 and pour very slowly into my jar. The Eco 14 gave a really good melt pool but I think it was burning too fast so I wicked down to a 12 which was good melt pool but still not a great scent throw.

The only FO I've been able to get a fairly good hot scent throw from is Sun Ripened Raspberry from Cierra Candles. Even that took a good two weeks. I should also mention that I get a great cold scent throw from most of my FO's.

I've ordered a 10 lb sample of JSB 50/50 from Justscent.com which should arrive at the beginning of the week. I've also got a 10 lb sample of Nature C-3 on order as well.

I like the way the Ecosoy burns for the most part and it has a nice creamy appearance. If I find that one of the other waxes works better for me I will probably try J223 to mix 50/50 with the Ecowax to use up my left over. I'm thinking I'll get a better scent throw with the blends.

If any of you have experience with these waxes I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks, Sab

Try www.thejarstore.com. They too will send a 10 lb sample to you for I think it is like 10.00 plus shipping. I have been looking for a great soy wax for about 2 years now and this one is great. It is desgined to work with their jars and it does work well! I had the same problem from the Eco Soya. The only thing I use it for is tarts and votives. Also, I have been looking for great oils that offer a great hot and cold scent throw. I really haven't found any so I decided to make my own. I also use the eco wicks for my gel and my soy. I just love them! :)

I just made a fresh linen type scent and I made a 9 oz. candle for a neighbor. I told her to let it cure for at least 24 hours before burning it. We just went over to her house and I asked her if she burned the candle and she said it has been burning all morning. Here I thought she sprayed air freshner. She has a tri-level house and her entire house smell like my candle. Just trial and error for 2 years lots of hours testing but it has finally paid off!

Just had a wholesale blueberry pie order come in. BBL... Good luck in your endeavours! :)

www.thejarstore.com only offers one soy container wax. The others I believe are paraffin or paraffin based. I don't know anything about the paraffin waxes because I have never used them. Ideally I like to let me candles cure for 1 week. Then I test burn 1 from every batch. I read somewhere on here that someone said they couldn't test burn 1 from every batch because it just wasn't cost effective for them. The only reason it is cost effective for me is because I burn candles all the time. So I don't mind eating the cost of one per bacth because I go through them like crazy anyways.

Opps sorry. I guess I never really paid attn. to the name of the soy wax they use. I just call up Paula from the jar store and order some when I need it. It is called Cargill NatureWax C3 One Pour Soy - 50lb Box . Sorry I didn't post it in the last post.

As a container wax my customers seem to like it much better than Eco Soyas container wax. I haven't really found it to be a one pour because I always make the relief holes around the wicks. The one time I didn't do it I had a customer complain because of all the holes they found when they watched the candle burn. I didn't make the relief holes because I thought the wax was a true one pour. I'm beginning to think there may not be any true one pours. So just to be on the safe side I always double pour. I don't mind the little extra work because it brings repeat customers!