Opinions on Wick Your Wax Fragrance Oils

Guest Japes

Guest Japes

Again, I'm a newbie (see other post). Has anyone had any experience, good or bad with the fragrance oils found here?

http://www.candlesupply.com/WYWfragrances.htm

They seem to be VERY expensive, but they claim to be totally uncut and more concentrated than most.

$30+ for 16oz of oil seems a bit much but, if it truly is an ultra high quality, ultra high concentration, might it be worth it?

Any other recommendations for good, high quality, high concentration fragrance oils?

Honestly, its like making a cake. :wink2:

If you use substandard ingredients, your cake will suck. Its basically the same with candlemaking, especially soy. I personally haven't tried any WYW scents~ because I am not wild about the selection. However, if you buy 9.00 bottles of oil, your candles will not be as high quality as they could be.

Shop around. Read the fragrance reviews. There is alot of info available.

I like Candle Cocoon, The Scent Works, Peaks, KY, Tri State and RE. (the Chermark Line)

These are absolutely high quality oils. You cannot go wrong with trying these. The Vanilla Grapefrut is my all-time fav FO. Their Fresh Linen, Persimmons and Water Orchid, Mulled Cider, Perfect Storm and Leha Leha are some others I really like. I would definitely get a sample pack and try them out.

My absolute favorite is White Plum Chutney. I also have Lemongrass & Star Anise, Wild Mountain Berry, Bamboo, Tibetan Black Tea, Hibiscus & Thai Palm, O-Kayu and Perfect Storm.

The White Plum Chutney, O-Kayu, and Perfect Storm sell well for me. (So does Tibetan Black Tea, but that's not really a spring scent.)

The Strawberry Patch, Madagascar Spice, and Pineapple & Mangosteen did not throw in my soy, although they are excellent scents.