1 stupid pillar question, 1 votive question

I bought a pillar mold and the reccommended wick from same company as wax and mold was purchased. The mold has the wick hole, but I also purchased a wick pin. The mold came with a mold plug. Since this is my first attempt, I'm thinking if I put the plug in the mold...the pin obviously won't sit flat. Do I need to seal the hole with something to use the wick pin and forget the plug or does the wick pin cover the hole enough that wax won't leak out and if I need to seal the hole, will the GE silicone II do the trick? Next question. Been making votives for awhile, using same wick (reccommended by supplier of wax and wick)for each fragrance and testing seemed to be doing okay, now seem to have a little bit of hang up and almost a wick drowning. I am using a small cotton (44-32-18). I think I saw on the boards that the best wick for 100% soy is a RD something..can't remember the # and got sort of lost searching the posts. Any hints of what to try next would be greatly appreciated.

Okay if I found the first question right it is wick pins for pillar.

Here is what I do I put some putty around the pin it self a the base of the wick pin then push it up through the hole. the putty will seal the hole and will also allow you to be able to level the mold.

I have never used those wicks for votive so can't help you there but for votives use HTP or Peak's cotton wicks