Master batch

Anna

If I made up my master batch tonight and didn't want to soap until tomorrow night,will the oils still be liquid?Or will the hard oils become solid?I normally do a 6 lb batch,I plan on multiplying it x six.Is that to much at one time for a master batch?Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,Anna

I mix up my soft oils with the hard and it is usually just slushy like. If it is cold(er) where you are, yeah they might be harder. I'm looking forward to summer because master batching will be easier due to the warm weather.

Hey Anna, I see your in Texas, do you mind if I ask you where you got your containers and what size? I've been looking for the larger ones. Kerry told me today about Home Depot or Lowes carry 5 gal. paint buckets with lids. TIA!

Eugenia,do you weight your oils or measure from the master batch?

Thanks,Anna

Anna, I've been melting and mixing the oils for 2-5 batches. I let them sit overnight, give them a good stir and weigh them out as I need them, batch by batch. Think I am going to get a 5 gallon bucket so I can do more, LOL.

e

Well Sherie,you probably wouldn't use what I got.I went to the Dollar General store,and got some seven qt Sterilite hinged plastic boxs.I don't plan on making the soap in the boxes.I will use my stainless pot.I work in the school caferteria,I ordered some twelve qt food storage containers thru them.I don't live close to a lowe's or home depot.I live in a very small town,if you blink your eyes you will miss it.LOL

Anna

You know what,My DH is a Painter.I can get all the five gal buckets I want.Sherie go to the paint store.I was planing on dividing it out into separate batches in the boxes,I may change my mind and do it like Eugenia.It stays warn in my work room.

Anna

Think I am going to get a 5 gallon bucket so I can do more, LOL.

LOL, me too!!!!! Gonna get a couple tomorrow! :D

I live in a very small town,if you blink your eyes you will miss it.LOL

I can relate. My town used to be small. Key word "used". We are now exploding at the seams. Guess it had to happen sometime. :D