J223 wax

I was wondering if anyone else used j223 wax could help me.... I make my candles at night time and when I wake up in the morning I have to re pour because of the indention in the top of the candle!I mean it just sinks! Is there anyone out there that has mastered this crazy stuff???im not tryng to be lazy.....okay maybe I am.....One more thing:grin2: Wet spots: anyone have a cure for those????

I have been using J223 from a supplier for the past 5 years. I had heard so many raves about this being a "one pour" wax but mine was anything but one pour. I had the same issues that you are having. It was no biggie for me to repour but I just could not figure out why others were calling this wax "one pour".

I recently switched to a different supplier ( for various reasons) and FINALLY found out what a one pour wax was truly like :) . Haven't found any difference other than no repours with the new batch.

So you changed from j223 to a new wax??Is your scent throw as strong? are you still getting wet spots? Is the price range the same?No offense....its good to know Im not the only one!!!I thought I was doing something wrong for a while!!

No you are not doing anything wrong.

If you pour past the shoulder of the container J223 will crack or create a sinkhole. If you pour too hot it will do the same thing.

Wet spots? There is no cure with J223, just live with them. You can minimize by pouring cooler but in reality it doesn't help much. Besides, customers have no idea what a wet spot is (other than the one nobody wants to sleep on--LMFAO).

No you are not doing anything wrong.

If you pour past the shoulder of the container J223 will crack or create a sinkhole. If you pour too hot it will do the same thing.

Wet spots? There is no cure with J223, just live with them. You can minimize by pouring cooler but in reality it doesn't help much. Besides, customers have no idea what a wet spot is (other than the one nobody wants to sleep on--LMFAO).

I've tried to pour hot, pour cooler, pour cool. In my case, it seems like the cooler I poor the more wet spots I have. What temp is best for you? Could be the difference in climates?

I've tried to pour hot, pour cooler, pour cool. In my case, it seems like the cooler I poor the more wet spots I have. What temp is best for you? Could be the difference in climates?

Climate is a big part of it..

I pour around 155 degrees and still have wet spots. But like I said, with J223 its just the nature of the wax.

No, I did not change wax or method of pouring - just changed suppliers

What would that have to with it? This wax is still made by the same company, right, you just bought it from a different supplier. So would it not be the same?

Yes I know the company was bought out by IGI and I have seen a slight difference in the look of the wax, but in my testing did not find any difference in the cold/hot throw or burn.

Can't tell you candle man, why changing suppliers made a difference but it DID!

I have found no difference in throw ( hot or cold) or burn - the only difference I have found between the two suppliers (of the J223) is the "one pour". The first supplier I did NOT have a one pour and with the new supplier I DO. Like I mentioned in another post, it is weird.

Doing all that. Anymore suggestions to sloooooooooowwww down the cooling process?

Well, I found that the warmer the room, the better. If I make them in the house, and it's about 75 in here, they never sink. I don't have to put anything over them like a cooler or anything, but maybe that would work if your environment is cooler.

I actually live in a warm, humid climate - New Orleans area. So, my a/c is usually on when I make my candles. I am trying to make in larger bulk, so wrapping with towels or using a heat gun on each individual one would take too much time in my situation. It would be just like repouring each one, like I have to do now. Thanks for the suggestions...looking for more!:D