Thought and question about pressed flower canes

Has anybody ever tried spray adhesive on the wax shell to hold the pressed flowers in place and then do the overdip? I was wondering about this. I think I will try it. I can spray the adhesive, place the flowers and use an alcohol swab or swab with adhesive remover to remove the excess around the flowers and then do the overdip. What do you experienced ones think? I will post to let you know how it does when I get some extra time to try it.

Wellllllll.....here's my two cents worth. I have tried it....of course I have. If you just want to put on a flower or two go ahead and try. You can't layer designs......the spray adhesive is sticky so be careful when touching the flowers because they will stick to you fingers and be ruined. When you over dip, there will be air spaces behind the flowers and they will either stay air spaces or sometimes get lumps of wax behind them. After awhile, the flowers will lift where there is air....but this all depends on what kind of flower you are using. If it has flat petals it is of more concern....but if you were to attach, let's just say a larkspur with many petals, it wouldn't show so much. Try it and see how you like it. I use the melted wax and hot knives to make sure that everything is flat as possible and in place. The spray adhesive is hard to remove from the candle surface and after doing several dips, some of that adhesive will mix into your over dip wax. Don't let me discourage you.....they told Columbus that the world was flat, but he found out otherwise. Experiments are necessary in life. Have fun and let us know what you discover. Donita